If you could pull out one fun thing to carry out in this pandemic, it would be to redecorate your house. Rather than staying at home getting bored, it is just about time to take out your innovative side and give your interior a brand new outlook. From different paint colors to add a new piece of art on the wall, it is a great opportunity to try out new outlooks at your place. Here is a list of some of the best decoration trends for 2021.
1. Neon Lights
- Neon Lights are back in fashion with a completely different and versatile appearance.
- Gen Z is the mastermind behind introducing the neon lights.
- Neon Lights can be easily bought either readymade or you can get them customized in various crazy fonts through online websites like Alibaba.
- The Pinterest searches for neon lights have speedily increased over the past few months.
2. Doors and Dividers
- Since, presently, homes are multipurpose, room dividers are easy yet classical ways to part spaces in 2021.
- With the doors and dividers, you can stylishly change your living room or any area of your home into your office (considering work from home due to the pandemic), gym, closet or any form of creative space.
- Searches for “cloffice ideas” (aka a closet converted into an office) have doubled recently on Pinterest.
3. Earth Tones
- Some famous designers and builders on Houzz have declared earth tones consisting of Warm taupes, beiges, sands, and all shades of brown to be growing in the people.
- The earthy tones such as burnt umber, terracotta, beige, and all shades of brown have already secured their acceptance in the year 2021.
- Many people are pondering about switching bright white with warm beige or greige in the coming times.
4. Grand Millennial Style
- This style is influenced through the ease of Grandma’s homes.
- The coming times are predicted to be designed according to old school patterns, incorporated with bold and modern colors with hints of vintage.
- Nostalgic style is the one chosen by millennials.
5. High Contrast Decor
- This type of design is mostly about complimenting Dark and Light shades.
- A famous Interior Designer stated that only white was the color that stayed for a very long time.
- He also said by the passage of time, people have actually started to add colors like a white-framed chair with a black fabric.
- High-contrast Décor is presently in fashion. Thus, people have already rushed to color their homes.
6. Indoor Plants
- Indoor plants and trees are always going to rise in home designing.
- These not only act like sculptures on a shelf or tabletop but also bring clarity and calm indoors.
- Collecting interior plants is always a win on every level, either it's mental, aesthetic, or functional.
- Having and taking care of indoor plants can give you an optimistic feeling about life, reduces stress, and increases creativity.
- Japandi is mainly based on neutral color palettes and sleek lines.
- It is a mixture of Japanese design and Scandinavian minimalism.
- There has been an increase of a hundred percent on searches of Japandi from October 2019 to September 2020, on Pinterest.
- Alongside, “Wooden bed designs modern” ‘s searches increased five times.
- On the other hand, searches for “Neutral color palette earth tones” were increased three times. Who wouldn’t want to turn their homes into comforting, earth-toned calm homes, after such a rough and difficult year we all have had?
8. Curvy Shapes
- Curve-shaped sofas and couches were influenced by the 60s and 70s.
- These types of furniture are expected to be back in trend, but with more sharpening on lines and curves.
- Curvy shapes are basically piecing of sofas, chaises, and benches which are projected on smooth curves to give a soothing finishing to the furniture which gives it a more subtle look.
9. Multi-Functional Spaces
- Since the recent pandemic has made us to work and learn from home, it is more than a necessity to have multifunctional homes where we can easily handle multitasking, which is mostly needed in kitchens.
- Enlarging the space of kitchens to make it multipurpose for dining rooms and workstations, allowing people to cook, eat, socialize and work at the same time.
- Moreover, joining playrooms with the child’s bedroom to make it safer and more convenient so children can play and eat in a safe space without any disturbance n the rest of the areas.
- Furthermore, if you are willing to keep a check on your child when you're busy, any corner in the house or in the living room can be easily turned into a play area or any sort of comfy place.
- Nevertheless, since homes have become more of workspace, gym, school, etc. empty spaces in garage, basement or any sort of unused area or room can be converted into a gym.
- Even if you don't have enough space, equipment like resistance bands, jump ropes, and dumbbells can be efficiently used in whatever space.
10. Floral Wallpapers
- Floral wallpapers are nothing but a very convenient way of converting a boring one-colored wall into an interesting and wondrous wall, like switching a bohemian bedroom to a garden of wildflowers.
- You can easily change your bathrooms, entrance wall, or any living room into a luxury space.
- Floral wallpapers are a very old interior design idea and are predicted to be updated with more astonishing designs, like bold color, large scale, and even metallic versions, in the future.
- These wallpapers are available in various sizes and designs that are good to go with any type of room.
11. Canopy Beds
- Canopy beds provide ease and a lavish lifestyle. These are beautifully designed and would look extremely glorious in any type of bedroom.
- Canopy beds are usually big in dimension; therefore, one should vigilantly speculate a Canopy bed for their bed.
- These are available in a different sleek metal and attractive acrylic canopy frames which gives an elegant touch along with a breezy touch.
- Canopy beds are no longer required to be clothed in heavy fabrics and fat headboards.
12. Cozy Spaces
- Considering the fact, that most of us are still bound to work or learn from home, therefore, it is important for our environment and surroundings to be equally suitable.
- Having an easy environment to work, divides your stress in half.
- These places can either be soft velvet couches, or any sort of fluffy throw pillows to pair with your couch.
- Furthermore, redecorating a corner of your bedroom or living room or any other spare room, to turn it into a cozier and more restful corner to relax after work or on any stressful day.
13. Metallic Blends
- Previously, metal was found mostly spotted in the kitchen and in bathrooms, but now, metal is used everywhere.
- Famous types of metals used by designers are, that are used are brass, bronze, and copper. Metal is also used in lamps as they mix flawlessly along with marble, glass, and concrete.
- Currently, every type of black metal coatings is becoming elegant.
- Nonetheless, metals are also used in numerous other decoration pieces, such as furniture legs, shelves, tables, door handles etc.
- A lot of proposals state that more than three metals should not be used.