Do you know that some of the world's richest people are professional athletes? Footballers, wrestlers, basketball players, race car drivers, golfers, tennis players, boxers - they all have one thing in common - they all made a big buck out of their passion.
Without further ado, here are the top 14 richest athletes in the world, based on their net worth in 2020:
14. Roger Federer - Tennis Player (Net Worth: $450 Million)
- Roger Federer is a Swiss professional tennis player, currently ranked 3rd in the world in mens singles tennis.
- Federer is now edging closer towards the end of his career; however, he was ranked number #1 for 6 years consecutively and has won 19 grand slams throughout his career.
- Roger Federers net worth is $450 million.
13. David Beckham - Professional Footballer (Net Worth: $450 Million)
- David Beckham is an English former professional footballer. He played the majority of his career for English team Manchester United, and of course the England National team.
- Some of the other clubs Beckham played for during his career were Preston North End, Real Madrid, Milan, LA Galaxy, and Paris Saint-Germain. He quickly became a very popular and famous footballer, and a movie was even produced around his signature kick, titled "Bend It Like Beckham".
- David Beckham's net worth is $450 million.
12. Cristiano Ronaldo - Footballer (Net Worth: $460 Million)
- Cristiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese professional footballer, currently playing for Real Madrid FC, and the Portuguese National team.
- Ronaldo has been regarded as the best footballer in the world, and constantly fights with Lionel Messi for this title. In fact, for the last several years, these two players are the only two to receive the â€œPlayer of the Yearâ€ award.
- Cristiano Ronaldo's net worth is $460 million.
11. Eddie Jordan - Race Car Driver (Net Worth: $475 Million)
- Eddie Jordan is an Irish former race car driver, Motorsport team boss, businessman, musician, and television personality.
- He won the Irish Kart Championship in 1971 and moved to Formula Ford in 1974. He also founded Jordan Grand Prix, a Formula One constructor that operated from 1991 to 2005.
- Eddie Jordan's net worth is currently $475 million.
10. LeBron James - Basketball Player (Net Worth: $480 Million)
- LeBron James is an American professional basketball player in the NBA for the Cleveland Cavaliers. The majority of the athletes on this list are former athletes, however, LeBron remains in the game.
- LeBron is considered to be one of the greatest basketball players of all time, and his net worth, a whopping $480 million, definitely reflects this statement.
09. Kobe Bryant - Basketball Player (Net Worth: $500 Million)
- Kobe Bryant is an American former professional basketball player. He played all 20 seasons of his career in the NBA with the LA Lakers and holds the record for the longest number of seasons with one team.
- Kobe Bryant's net worth is $500 million, putting him on this list of the richest athletes worldwide. His entrepreneurship journey will surely only add to this figure in the future.
08. Floyd Mayweather - Professional Boxer (Net Worth: $565 Million)
- Floyd Mayweather is a former professional boxer with an unbelievable record of 50-0, undefeated. He is also the founder of Mayweather Promotions, a fight promotion company.
- Mayweather recently added a significant amount of money to his total net worth after winning the hyped-up fight against Conor McGregor in August 2017.
- Floyds net worth is now estimated to be $565 million.
07. Roger Staubach - Football Quarterback (Net Worth: $600 Million)
- Roger Staubach is a former American football quarterback in the NFL.
- Staubach joined the Dallas Cowboys in 1969 and played for them for all 11 seasons of his career. He was with the team for five Super Bowls, four of them as the starting quarterback.
- Roger Staubachs net worth is estimated at $600 million.
06. Magic Johnson - Basketball Player (Net Worth: $600 Million)
- Magic Johnson is an American former professional basketball player. Johnson played in the NBA for the LA Lakers for 13 seasons. He won numerous awards as a player, which put him into the NBA hall of fame.
- Right now, Magic is president of basketball operations for the Los Angeles Lakers. Magic Johnsons net worth is estimated to be $600 million, making him the 2nd richest basketball player in the world.
05. Michael Schumacher - Race Car Driver (Net Worth: $600 Million)
- Michael Schumacher is a German former race car driver in the Formula One. If you can only name one Formula One driver, its probably Schumacher.
- He is regarded as one of the greatest Formula One drivers of all time. He is also the only driver in history to win seven Formula One World Championships, five of which he won consecutively.
- Michael Schumacher's net worth is $600 million, making him the 5th richest athlete in the world.
04. Tiger Woods - Professional Golfer (Net Worth: $740 Million)
- Tiger Woods is an American professional golfer and one of the most popular and notorious golfers of all time.
- He is also one of the highest-paid athletes in the world on a yearly basis, which probably explains how he was able to make it onto this list of the richest worldwide.
- Tiger Wood's net worth is estimated to be $740 million.
03. Michael Jordan - Basketball Player (Net Worth: $1.90 Billion)
- Michael Jordan is an American retired professional basketball player. Jordan played a total of 15 seasons in the NBA, with his career split between two teams. Those teams were the Chicago Bulls and Washington Wizards.
- Jordan has been acclaimed to be the best basketball player of all time, and since retiring has now become the principal owner of the Charlotte Hornets.
- Michael Jordan's net worth is estimated to be $1.9 billion in 2020, making him one of the richest athletes in the world.
02. Ion Tiriac - Tennis & Ice Hockey Player (Net Worth: $2.0 Billion)
- Ion Tiriac is a Romanian former professional tennis and ice hockey player. Thats right, two sports. After retiring from playing sports professionally, Tiriac is now the owner of the Mutua Madrid Open Tennis Tournament. He also manages Lucas Pouille, a French professional tennis player.
- Ion Tiriac is one of the richest athletes in the world with an estimated net worth of $2 billion.
01. Vince McMahon Professional Wrestler (Net Worth: $2.2 Billion)
- Vince McMahon is an American former professional wrestler. He is currently the majority owner, chairman, and CEO of WWE. McMahon took control of the company from his father in the 1980s.
- Vince's net worth is an incredible $2.2 billion, and although the majority of that net worth came from his success with the WWE the company, that doesn't take away from his professional wrestling success.
So, this was our list of the top 14 worlds richest athletes!
Do you have any more interesting names to add to the list? Let us know in the comments below!