loves to travel to luxury places and explore new areas and experience new
- While most people would focus on reaching the destination as soon as
possible, very few would give a second thought to the journey itself.
- If you
wish to enjoy a lavish trip, it is extremely important that you get yourself a
luxury ride too.
- Once you have landed in the city, trains would be the
regular medium of transport between states.
- Hence, you need to ensure that you
experience a beautiful journey experience, one to remember.
- Here is a list of some of the most luxurious trains in the world:
10. Indian Pacific, Australia
- While most people don't realize, the Indian Pacific is the
only train to help you travel from one continent to another.
- Covering a mammoth
distance of nearly 4,350 km, the train starts its journey from Sydney right
across the shores of the Pacific Ocean and goes all the way to the Indian Ocean
resting at Perth.
- The first ride on the Indian Pacific train was made in the
1970s and the train has been operational ever since.
- The seating compartments
are extremely comfortable and welcoming which makes this trip amazing.
- It costs around 1,200 dollars for a single night which includes restaurant services, a lounge, and an in-cabin breakfast.
09. Eastern & Oriental Express, South East Asia
- Covering a journey of three nights and
four days, the Eastern and Oriental Express is a perfect trip for visiting the
Southeast Asian countries.
- The train covers Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand
in the delightful journey including stops at important places like Bangkok,
Kuala Lumpur, etc.
- Built back in 1972, the train has been upgraded from time to
time in order to improve the experience for people.
- The train comprises of a salon,
a library, and 2 dining areas as we speak.
- Costing around 2,700 dollars for the entire trip, you can enjoy all the luxuries whilst visiting Southeast Asia.
08. Palace on Wheels, India
- If you wish to enjoy a perfect family or friends outing in
India, then a trip to Palace on Wheels might be ideal for you.
- After an okay
response earlier, the train was launched again in 2009 with massive
- The train carries 100+ guests and has 23 beautiful coaches, each
more elegant than the other one.
- The Wi-Fi services and the luxurious dining
experience really make people go wow!
- Costing around 5,390 dollars for the ride,
you can experience the food experience from two amazing restaurants within the
- Moreover, the eight-day trip would also serve you with spa facilities to help you relax along the ride.
07. Rocky Mountaineer, Canada
- The Rocky Mountaineer was launched in 1990 by a family-owned business and gradually became one of the most successful tourist train
company on the planet.
- Having approximately served more than 1.7 million
passengers across the globe, the Canadian company has a wide range of routes
that it travels on.
- The train ticket costs around 1,600 dollars for a single
night and gives you the option to travel Alberta, Washington, and British
- The Rocky Mountaineer has also been served with the "World's Leading
Travel Experience by Train" award more than 7 times since its inception.
- This alone makes it a worthy experience for everyone around the world!
06. Royal Scotsman, Scotland
- The Royal Scotsman is one of the smallest luxury train to
make up our list of the most expensive trains.
- Ability to hold only 35 to 40
passengers per ride, the Scottish train helps you visit some of the best
landmarks in the country.
- Since it is operated by Belmond Ltd. you can expect
tons of amenities to enjoy.
- The 10 cars inside the train include 2 dining cars,
a crew car, 5 state cars, and to surprise most, a spa car.
- The food served in
the Royal Scotsman is surely one of the best cuisines you can ever taste.
- Costing around 2,200 dollars for a night, you would certainly not want to miss this amazing experience.
05. Blue Train, South Africa
- As the name suggests the Blue Train is in fact blue in
- Covering a distance of more than 1,500 km, the Blue Train connects 2 of
the major cities of South Africa, Pretoria, and Cape Town.
- The train has
luxurious compartments with a soundproof system ensuring complete privacy of you
and your loved ones.
- Furthermore, the carpeted flooring and comfortable seating
really make the atmosphere very homely.
- Many people have rated this train as a
near five-star experience.
- The train takes around 27 to 28 hours of travel and can carry more than 50 guests at a time.
04. Venice Simplon Orient Express, Europe
- Arguably the oldest train to make up in our
list of luxury trains would be the Venice Simplon Orient Express.
- Covering some
of the important destinations of Europe, the Venice Express starts from London
all the way to Venice.
- Like the Easter
& Oriental Express, the Venice Express is also managed by the Belmond Ltd.
who appears to be the pinnacle of luxury trains.
- Delicious food, top-notch
services and comfortable accommodation are just some of the facilities that
you can enjoy in the Venice Express.
- Introduced in the 1920s, the 6-day route will cover places like Paris, Zurich, Rome, Berlin, and even Budapest.
03. Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express, Russia
- Covering a range of more than 2
continents, the Golden Eagle Express gives you the most memorable ride you
could dream of.
- A perfect 15 day trip across Siberia and Russia costs more than
2,000 dollars for a single night.
- The service offered on the train is second to none. You will be served with the ideal dining experience and the most delicious food.
- In addition to this, there is a lounge car and a designated bar for travelers too. Believe me, the trip is worth every single penny.
02. Pride of Africa, Africa
- Covering a distance of nearly 2,000 miles, the Pride of
Africa is a luxury train connecting all the major countries of Africa.
back in 1989, the train journey was initiated by Rovos Rail which is a family-based organization.
- Holding a journey of nearly 9 days, the Pride of Africa
costs 2,075 dollars for a single night.
- The train is able to carry 70 +
passengers at a time and has amazing facilities for travelers to enjoy.
amenities include a smoking lounge, an amazing dining setting, and a perfect view
of the Safari along the way.
- Make sure you dont miss out on this luxury ride.
01. Maharajas Express, India
- Maharaja is a Hindi word which means an Indian prince in English.
- Well, the Maharajas Express definitely does justice to the name.
- It offers the ideal touch of Indian culture and heritage.
- Costing almost 3,000 dollars for a single ticket, it has got a wide range of luxury amenities for you to enjoy.
- It has 14 beautiful guest cars and can carry more than 80 people at once.
- A private bar, an elegant lounge, and a restaurant serving tasty Indian cuisines are some of the things you can enjoy in the Maharajas Express.
- The train is also voted "The Worlds Most Luxury Train" five times since its inauguration in 2010. Definitely worth a try!