The popularity of TikTok, a short-form video sharing app, has skyrocketed in recent months. There are many new features that have emerged in the short period of time that TikTok has been in existence, making it easier for its creators to connect with their fans.
From uploading videos to going Live, TikTok has gone to great lengths to simplify the process. By going live on TikTok, you can increase your audience and increase your engagement. Gift points are a great way to make some extra cash while you're at it.
In order to get started on TikTok, here are some simple instructions. This guide will show you how to go live on TikTok app and give you advice on how to do it well.
- Open up theÂ TikTok app.
- At the bottom of the screen, you'll see a camera icon with a plus sign in the middle. Go ahead and click on the plus (+) symbol ("Create").
- Swipe to LIVE or tap the Live button, which is located next to the option to record, at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose an image and give your live stream a title. You can change this later if you wish.
- Press the "GO LIVE" button when you're ready. You've made it to the TikTok network! Streaming notifications will be sent to your followers. Right on cue, go out and say hello to your followers on social media platforms. It's one thing to go live; it's another to get people to tune in (and to behave properly while they do so!) Another. As of today, TikTok Live chat hosts can create filters with up to 200 terms in them, making it possible to remove any negative remarks from the chat room. In addition, TikTok will prompt users to re-evaluate comments that could be deemed offensive or cruel. Your co-hosts can also block or mute users whose behavior detracts from the "vibe" of the experience. On the right side of the launch screen for a live-stream, go to your Settings and tap what you want to do. You can use the three dots to flip the camera, add effects, add moderators, or filter comments.
- To end your TikTok live stream, tap the (X) in the upper-left corner.
An advantage of live streaming over per-recorded videos is that they vanish as soon as you finish them and post them to your TikTok feed.
|Steps For Scheduling The Live Streaming||See Details|
|Requirements To Go Live On Tiktok||See Details|
|Pointers To Be Focused||See Details|
|How To Go Live On TikTok If You Don't Have A Following Of 1000 People||See Details|
Steps For Scheduling The Live Streaming
With TikTok's events feature, you can inform your followers of upcoming live streams by simply following the below steps
- To access your TikTokcalendar, go to the calendar icon in your profile's upper right corner.
- Create an event with a name, start and end dates and times, a brief description, and a time frame.
- In-app messaging or embedding the link in a video are two ways you can distribute your event once it's finished.
- By tapping + under Related videos on your events page, you can record a promotional video. Make a video, add a link to an event, and then hit Done and Post.
Requirements To Go Live On Tiktok
The option to go live isn't available to everyone; you'll need to meet certain requirements before you can use it on the application.
Tiktok has restricted the number of accounts that can go live to those with more than 1,000 followers.
Users must be at least 16 years old in order to activate the feature on Tiktok.
However, creators over the age of 18 now have access to an additional feature. Gifts is the name of this feature. When you go Live on Tiktok, users will be able to send you gifts in both digital and physical form. Consider it a "virtual tip jar" that people can contribute to if they like what you're composing about.
In-app currency can't be given to creators under the age of 18, but they can still use the Live feature to stream and interact with their audiences. They just can't give "gifts" to their followers.
Having said that, if you've recently turned 16 or reached 1,000 and the option has yet to appear, don't panic. You may have to wait a few days for Tiktok'srecords to update before you can use it to live-stream your event.
If you're in the United States or the United Kingdom, you can use Tiktok, but if you live in India, China, or Hong Kong, Lives won't be able to be made or uploaded as the platform is banned here.
Pointers To Be Focused
Use these TikTok tips to create interesting live content:
- Set the stage for your storey. Stable filming surfaces and adequate lighting are essential. A ring light, for example, can make your livestream look more polished.
- Maintain the sound quality. To avoid losing your audience's attention, keep the background noise to a minimum, if at all.
- Be on time. Make an effort to stream at a time when your viewers are most likely to be using the app. This will help you get more people to see your content.
- Keep an eye on the overall length. You should aim for a 30-minute time slot, as advised by Tiktok.
- Be prepared beforehand. In order to avoid long stretches of silence, plan out what you'll say and do during the livestream.
- Don't stop there. To increase your chances of attracting new viewers, post a tiktok just before going live.
- Make sure your internet connection is strong before you begin.
- Involve yourself in the conversation. As much as you can, read and respond to the comments that have been made.
- Ask a friend for assistance. If possible, use moderators to identify and block trolls.
How To Go Live On TikTok If You Don't Have A Following Of 1000 People
There may be a solution to this problem. If you want TikTok to give you the option to stream live without having 1000 followers, follow the instructions below.
- Take a look at your own profile by clicking Me at the bottom right of the screen.
- Now, tap on the three-dot menu to access the settings.
- Tap on the Report a problem link at the bottom of the Support page.
- Seek out Live/Payment/Rewards Opportunities
- Select Live Host.
- Next, select I can't begin a live stream.
- You have to answer â€˜noâ€™ to the question â€˜Is your problem resolved?â€™
- You have to convince them in order to go live on your account, you need to write that you can't go live because the feature isn't activated on your account, and that your fans are requesting you to do so and they'd love it.
- The next step is to enter an active email address so that tiktok can get in touch with you when it has an answer.
- After that, click the Send button in the upper-right corner.
- They may respond in two to three days.
In this way a TikTok representative will turn on your ability to go live without having 1k people cheering you on, but it's not a given. Increasing your number of followers is the best way to activate Live.
If you've been wondering how to go live on TikTok, I hope this article was helpful. The first time you go live is always a little scary. However, the good news is that anyone can do it as long as they meet the prerequisites.