Football is an international sport that has garnered attention for years. But do you know who are the richest footballers in the world? Big football clubs in Europe are willing to offer huge wages to top players, and social media also plays a key role in increasing these players' net worth.
With big brand deals as well as sponsored social media posts, footballers tend to build their empires during their playing careers and expand them when they tend to slow down on the field.
On that note, we take a look at ten footballers with the highest net worth.
10. Paul Pogba - $85 Million
- Paul Pogba plays for France national team and Manchester United club.
- France won the FIFA under 20 World Cup under his captaincy, and he won the best player of the tournament during that world cup.
- He has the estimated net worth of approx. $85 million and had the sponsorship of Adidas.
- Pogba has won the PFA Premier League Team of the Year for Manchester United.
9. Eden Hazard - $100 Million
- Eden Hazard is the captain of the Belgium national team and also plays for Real Madrid.
- He is the highest-paid player in the Real Madrid club and signed a contract for 5 years.
- He has a net worth of approx. $100 million and has sponsorship deals with Electronic Arts, Topps, and Nike. He is on number 9 in the list of richest football players in the world.
- Hazard has won two Premier League titles, a League Cup and FA Cup, together with 2013 Europa League during his time at Chelsea.
8. Andres Iniesta - $120 Million
- Andres Iniesta plays for the Spanish National team and Vissel Kobe. He has an approximate net worth of $120 million, has sponsorship deals with Asics, and owns a winery with the name Minuto 116.
- He has played over 700 matches and scored 85 goals.
- He has 35 trophies, which includes nine La Ligas and four UEFA Champions League titles.
7. Gareth Bale - $125 Million
- Gareth Frank Bale is the full name of Gareth Bale who born on 16th July 1989 at Cardiff, Wales, and is playing for Real Madrid and Wales national team.
- He has approx. the net worth of $125 million and also has sponsorship deals with Nissan, Konami, and Adidas.
- He is at number 7 in the list of the richest football players in the world and has scored 42 career goals.
- As a Madrid player, Bale has won two league titles, one Copa Del Rey, three Club World Cups, two European Super Cups, and four Champions Leagues.
6. Wayne Rooney - $160 Million
- Wayne Mark Rooney plays for England national team and Derby County, though initially; he was playing for Manchester United.
- He started his international career in football at the age of 17 from the England national team and is the highest goal scorer for England.
- Rooney has scored a total of 253 career goals.
- His estimated net worth is $160 million and has sponsorship deals with Samsung, Coca Cola, and EA Sports.
- He has won several awards in the past including BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year, MLS Best XI, FIFPro World Young Player of the Year, FifPro Special Young Player of the Year.
5. Neymar - $185 Million
- Neymar is a star footballer for Brazil and his estimated net worth is $185 million, and he is on number 5 in the list of the richest football players in the world.
- Neymar has 229 career goals. He has sponsorship deals with McDonald’s, Nike, and MasterCard.
- He's won a number of trophies, including five league titles across two of Europe's 'big five' leagues.
- He also has a Champions League winners' medal to boast and has won a number of individual accolades too.
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - $190 Million
- Swedish born and bred Zlatan Ibrahimovic is one of the best strikers of his time who has won 34 trophies and scored 540 goals.
- He plays for the Swedish national team and AC Milan.
- His net worth is approximately $190 million. He has sponsorship deals with Nike, Nivea, and Microsoft Xbox.
- Zlatan has had a very successful career, winning four titles with Dutch club Ajax: two leagues, one cup, and one Super Cup.
- In Italy, he won three leagues, one with AC Milan and the other two with Inter, besides getting five Super Cups.
- In France with PSG, Zlatan won two cups, three Super Cups, and three leagues.
3. Lionel Messi - $400 Million
- Messi plays for Barcelona and is paid a whopping £500,000 per week. His current net worth is estimated to be around $400 million as of 2020.
- He is the captain of the Argentina national team and is one of the best football players of his time, scoring a whopping 704 goals throughout his career.
- His status as one of the greatest of all time and his enormous fanbase has been highly profitable to him as he has signed endorsement deals with the likes of Pepsi, Huawei, and Adidas.
- Over the course of his career, Messi has received six Ballon d'Or awards, the most for any football player, as well as the 2009 FIFA World Player of the Year and The Best FIFA Men's Player 2019.
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - $460 Million
- Ronaldo is on the number one spot on the list of the world’s richest footballers. The estimated net worth of Ronaldo is $460 million.
- This star footballer is the heartbeat of many football lovers and is one of the best footballers of current times in the world, scoring a total of 737 goals in his career.
- He is on the Portuguese national team and plays for Juventus and Serie A-Side and he is the first player who has won the modern trophy five times.
- He has won 30 major trophies in his career, including seven league titles, five UEFA Champions Leagues, one UEFA European Championship, and one UEFA Nations League title.
- Apart from playing football, he earns from doing the branding of Nike, Altice, and DAZN.
1. Faiq Bolkiah - $20 Billion
- Faiq Jefri Bolkiah belongs to a royal family of Bruneian and his father Jefri Bolkiah is the Prince of Brunei and his uncle Hassanal Bolkiah is the Sultan of Brunei, the oil-rich country.
- Faiq holds the citizenship of both countries America and Brunei.
- This 21-year-old footballer is the captain of the Brunei National team and also plays for Leicester City.
- Faiq belongs to a royal family and some studies state that his net worth is approximately $20 billion, this makes him number 1 in the list of richest football players in the world.
So that’s the list of the top 10 richest football players in the world in 2020! Did we miss out on someone?
Let us know in the comments below!